Weekly meal plan - number 3 and a printable meal plan with a customizable grocery list
weekly meal plan - number 3
Here is a simple meal plan for you. This is a flexible meal plan to act as a guide to help you plan your dinner for the week. Includes 6 recipes from the blog, mainly vegetarian, but one is a fish recipe. You do not have to stick to these days, feel free to change them according to your schedule. You will find some useful printables at the end.
- weekly meal plan - number 3
- monday - spicy fish curry with rice
- tuesday - kale thoran and rice
- wednesday - pasta with garbanzo beans
- thursday - ratatouille quesadillas
- friday- eat out
- saturday - kappa|yuca|cassakappava
- sunday - turmeric sweet corn stir fry
- what next? 🙂
- download the printable meal plan
- download printable meal plan with a customizable shopping list
Click on the recipe title for the individual recipes.
Spicy Kerala Fish Curry - spicy and tangy fish curry with flavors of roasted coconut, ginger, garlic, and different types of peppers. Served best with steamed rice.
Kale leaves were something I got introduced to after moving to the US. I love the hardy texture of the leaves. They are not just good in smoothies, or as Kale chips - I use them a lot in my Indian cooking too.
This is a typical method of preparing the thoran or stir fry in Kerala. It is such a simple, but elegant dish, that I make it with chard leaves, collard greens, and of course Kale leaves. I am also planning to serve a dal preparation with this. To top it off, I will also serve homemade yogurt.
Pasta is loved by kids and adults. It is good to have some very basic pasta recipes in your recipe collection to whip up a quick dinner. This one where we have used canned garbanzo beans and penne pasta come together in no time!
Looking for a simple recipe for dinner? Try this (Indian-inspired flavors) Ratatouille Quesadillas - loaded with fresh vegetables, bold flavors, and cheese.
friday- eat out
Kappa | Yuca – Kerala style. Easy recipe when you want to try something different. Learn how to prepare yuca, a root vegetable- starchy goodness. Kappa/ maracheeni/tapioca as it is called in India is very popular in the Southern State of India, Kerala. Here I have outline two variations of preparation. Both are delicious! If there are any leftovers from the spicy fish curry, serve with the kappa puzhukku.
delicious turmeric sweet corn stir fry, desi style. turmeric sweet corn stir fry with Indian spices. super-fast, super easy, and loaded with flavors. Serve with some roti.
what next? 🙂
- Click on each of the recipe titles to take you to the individual recipes.
- Print the menu and/menu with the shopping list from the links below.
- Make notes (prep work, make-ahead tips, etc.) in your personal menu.
- Take stock of your pantry and fridge.
- Make a list of things to buy for the week. Note it on your personal menu for the week.
- Plan a day to do the grocery shopping.
- Check to see if you need to do any prep work ahead of time. Do all the prep work.
- Prepare the meal 🙂