*This Chia Seeds Breakfast Bowl recipe post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclaimer here.
Edited on 01/31/2021 to include more information and to make it reader friendly. 🙂
Rainbow in bowl - healthy chia seeds topped with seasonal fruits and nuts. It is like having dessert for breakfast, only healthier.
If you could eat a rainbow, this is how it would taste like:
Soft yet crunchy.
Dense but light.
Sweet and flavorful.
And of course, Colorful!
And just like rainbows, one of the most beautiful things on earth, this nutrition packed rainbow is good for you.
This chia seeds breakfast bowl is like having dessert for breakfast, only healthier.
ingredient run down for chia seeds breakfast bowl
It is a pretty simple, straight forward and easy recipe (I am a little embarrassed to call it a recipe).
You can find the detailed recipe at the end, but here is the list of simple ingredients used in recipe:
- Chia Seeds
- Sugar (optional)
- garnish (feel free to use seasonal fruits and nuts of your choice) Apple Slices, Banana slices, Blueberries, Peach Slices, Sliced Almonds, Raisins, Mint leaves, etc.
step by step instructions
- Soak the chia seeds in milk and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Top it with nuts, seasonal fruits.
There you have it!
This is a wonderful recipe to have in the recipe book, when you want a super simple, no-cook recipe. It is filling, healthy and tasty too.
customize the recipe
- To make it vegan, use dairy-free, plant-based milk.
- Top with seasonal fruits and berries
- Toast the almonds for an added nutty flavor.
- Use your favorite seeds for crunch if you are allergic to nuts.
- Top with some additional granola for an added crunch.
- Skip the sugar if you are following a sugar-free diet.
In a hurry? Don't worry.
You can even pack this in a mason jar or similar container and you have a healthy, nutritious "to-go" breakfast. If eating from a jar is inconvenient for you to have as a to-go breakfast, blitz everything in a blender and you have a chia seeds fruit smoothie.
You will love these
- peach turmeric smoothie - Try this refreshing 5 ingredient peach turmeric smoothie loaded with fresh peaches, anti-inflammatory, and immunity-boosting ingredients. Ready in seconds!
- blueberry oats smoothie - Delicious blueberry oats smoothie. Loaded with berries and oats and milk (use dairy-free milk to make a vegan version). Perfect breakfast for the people-on-go.
- peach yogurt breakfast bowl - peach yogurt breakfast bowl is the answer to how-to-get-breakfast-ready-in-5-minutes!!! your very own sunshine breakfast! my Indian friends, this is peach lassi for breakfast! balle balle!
Some additional notes
Read more about the health benefits of chia seeds.
Eat healthy, stay healthy!
EDIT(04/18/2017): One size does not fit all. Similarly, one recipe does not fit all. I have gotten positive feedback for this recipe from everyone who have tried the recipe except for one person. But we take every feedback seriously. The feedback was that this was a little runny for them. There are various ways to thicken this delicious breakfast. One would be to reduce the quantity of milk you use to mix the Chia seeds. The other idea would be delicious too if you like bananas. Mash the banana (instead of adding as slices) to your preference and mix it with the soaked Chia seeds.
- 4 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1.25 cups Milk (plus more to taste. Also see recipe notes.)
- Sugar (optional)
Garnish (feel free to use seasonal fruits and nuts of your choice)
- Apple Slices
- Banana slices
- Peach Slices
- Sliced Almonds
- Mint leaves
- In a small bowl, add the chia seeds and pour the milk.
- Mix well with a fork. Place it in the refrigerator for at least 15-20 minutes. I mix the chia seeds with milk at night and use the soaked seeds in the morning.
- Once the chia seeds are soaked, add sugar and extra milk according to your taste.
- Transfer the contents to two serving bowls, top with sliced (seasonal) fruits and nuts.
It is super easy to make this vegan: substitute the milk with almond milk or soy milk.
You can also Vanilla essence, rose essence or cardamom to flavor the chia pudding.
If you tried this recipe, please consider giving us a star rating and feedback. Reviewing, leaving feedback, and star rating a recipe, not only helps me grow as a food blogger but also helps others discover my blog. I L-O-V-E to hear from you! 🙂 Your email address will not be published. Thank you for your support!