**This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclaimer here.
God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.
This happened a few days back. 😊
I had stopped posting new recipes on my blog quite a while ago. Many (good) things happened in my life that I could not devote my time and energy to navigate the blogging world.
But still kept the blog up and running since I was seeing a lot of people were still interested in the old recipes I had shared. Thank you to all who have visited the blog.
There were many of you who asked about my well being. Lotsa love!
Lots have changed since I published on the blog last. I was not even sure whether I can do a catch up if I ever decided to get back to blogging.
And then came a request from my friend Sherin.
She wanted to check with me whether I would be interested in doing a small Mother's day collab video for her.
I am the most camera shy person in my family and may be my extended family too. When Sherin asked me to do a small video for her Mother's day special blog post, I was hesitant. Imagine the camera shy person doing a video!
But then, decided to give it a try with the caveat that if it does not turn out good, she is free to discard it.
Though we have a simple setup for food photography, video shooting a different ballgame. We could not even get the required lights for the video shoot on time.
There were many technical quick fixes done to get my portion of the video to this level. We have more blooper reel than actual footage.
But had a lot of fun cooking with Sonshine.
I knew cooking videos are hard to make but only when you actually do it you realize how Herculean task it is. Kudos to all of you out there who are making cooking videos.
Five food bloggers came together with their kids, to share with you five different recipes on this special occasion of Mother's Day 2020.
- This is collaboration video done for Sherin's blog FoodTokWithSherin . She shares amazing recipes on her blog/Youtube Channel. You can follow her on Instagram or subscribe to her YouTube Channel.
- My friend Asha who is an amazing cook has started a new Youtube channel to share her collection of recipes. She gives detailed recipes, tips and tricks to get that perfect dish every single time. You can follow her on Instagram or subscribe to her YouTube Channel.
- Lubna is a cake artist and sugar art instructor from Bangalore. Her venture called Buttercups Cupcakes was started 7 years ago. I have spent hours gazing at her exquisite sugar art work on Instagram.
- Dhanya is a stay at home mom whose daughters are very much interested in cooking and baking. Her daughter Ananya baked her first birthday cake shortly before her 7th birthday and then there was no stopping her. She bakes cakes as birthday gifts for friends, puts up bake sale in their community and wants to be a pastry chef in the future. Good luck Ananya. Now, seeing big sis do all this, little sister is following her footsteps. Dhanya must be so proud of them. You can follow their spicetrail on Instagram
- And your's truly. 🙂
Together we have tried to create some easy to make recipes that you can make with your kids. We have cakes, sandwiches and pizza cups... but mostly cakes. If you are looking for something fun to do with your kids over the summer break, this would be good place to start. Simple, fun and kid-friendly recipes.
More ways to follow the lovely collaborators:
2. Lubna: Buttercupscupcakes (https://www.facebook.com/Buttercupscupcakes/ | https://www.instagram.com/Buttercupscupcakesblr/ | https://www.instagram.com/thecheffingtonpost/ | https://www.instagram.com/heydoodledoodle/)
5. Dhanya: D's Spice Trails (https://www.instagram.com/dsspicetrail/)
Where to buy the Panini Grill I used in the Sandwich Recipe?
Sonshine and I use a panini grill to make the sandwich. You can buy the same in stores or online through Amazon.
Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting Framed Recipes. Do you have a recipe request or query? Leave us line in the comment box or Contact Us.
Subscribe to us to have each recipe delivered straight to your inbox. We wont spam you and that is a promise.
Till we meet again…