Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
A tasty twist to the regular brussel sprouts. A simple preparation that results in flavorful, juiciest and tenderest oven roasted brussel sprouts.
- 1 lb 0.4 kg brussel sprouts
- 1.5 tablespoon oil plus extra for spraying, if required
- 2-3 teaspoon garam masala; adjust to taste
- 2 large garlic cloves; minced
- ½ teaspoon haldi/ground turmeric/turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit (200 degree Celsius) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Wash, pat dry and cut the brussel sprouts in half lengthwise.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the halved brussel sprouts and rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Spread the brussel sprouts on the tray and roast in the preheated oven, stirring once or twice, till the outside is browned and tender inside, about 30-35 minutes,.
Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
- If you see the Brussels sprouts are dry when you stir them, spray (recommended) or brush them with a little oil.
- Use the spices according to your taste.
- You will find Garam masala either online or in Indian grocery stores.
- While mixing the ingredients, make sure every Brussels sprout is well coated with spice mixture. I would recommend mixing it by hand. Wash hands immediately after mixing to prevent turmeric stains on your hand.
- I know some people really like BOLD flavors - and not just flavors. They like the heat from the pepper. If you are in this group, try adding some Cayenne pepper or any Indian red chili pepper.
- Tastes best straight out of the oven.
- Can be served as a side with rice, roti, or any meat.
- These oven-roasted Brussels sprouts are quite addictive as a snack too.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated, but to reheat, either use the oven or reheat the Brussels sprouts on the stovetop.
- Skip the regular Brussels sprouts for this thanksgiving meal and try this Indian version of oven-roasted Brussels sprouts.
- 1 teaspoon= 5ML