Black Beans Wild Rice Salad
Black Beans Wild Rice Salad is an almost-no-cook recipe for a warm/cold salad that you can prepare in a jiffy. Perfect for those days when you don’t have time to cook elaborate meals but need all the nutrition you can get. You can easily customize it to suit your taste. Vegan plus gluten-free. A healthy wild rice salad.
- 1.5 - 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can black beans; rinsed and drained
- ½ big red bell pepper; diced small
- ½ cup diced small red onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoon lemon juice; adjust to suit your taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes; adjust to suit your taste
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together all the ingredients for salad dressing in a small bowl.
To a large mixing bowl, black beans red bell pepper, and onion. Drizzle the dressing on the top. Toss everything together so that the dressing coats everything evenly.
Flavors develop over time, so if time allows, prepare at least 1-2 hours in advance. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Refrigerate leftovers. Use within 1-2 days.
- 1 CUP = 250 ML. (US cups are typically 240 ml. You can use US cups with no significant change to the dish). 1 TEASPOON = 5ML; 1 TABLESPOON= 15 ML
- Serves 2-3 people as a main meal. Will serve more if served as a side salad. Adjust the serving size to suit your dietary needs.