Turmeric Sweet Corn Stir Fry
Delicious turmeric sweet corn stir fry, desi style. Turmeric sweet corn stir fry with Indian spices. Super-fast, super easy and loaded with flavors.
- 12 Oz 340 grams grated sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- 8-10 curry leaves
- ½ inch piece ginger;minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chillies/serrano pepper adjust o taste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric/haldi
- a small pinch garam masala
- a small pinch hing
- Salt to taste
- Grated coconut fresh or frozen and thawed
- Chopped cilantro
- Grated carrots
In a pan over medium heat, heat oil. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. When the seeds splutter, add minced ginger and hing. Fry for a minute or two.
Add the grated corn, salt and ground turmeric. Combine to mix well. Cover and cook till the corn is cooked thoroughly,stirring occasionally. Sprinkle water or milk if the corn starts to dry. Corn should be juicy and sweet and not over cooked.
Sprinkle the lime juice, garam masala and sugar. Stir to combine
Garnish with grated coconut, chopped cilantro and grated carrots.