Mushroom Bhutti is a typical Konkani dish made with mushrooms and freshly ground aromatic coconut masala. Vegan and Gluten free
- 250 grams Mushrooms; chopped into small pieces
- 150 grams Onion; finely chopped
- 1 cup grated coconut fresh or frozen & thawed
- 1 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3-4 Byadagi Chillies; adjust to taste See recipe notes
- 1 tablespoon oil; divided
- Salt to taste
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium heat and roast the coriander seeds and byadagi chilles separately. Grind the roasted chillies , coriander seeds, tamarind pulp and coconut to a smooth paste by adding as little water as possible. The ground paste should be thick.
To the same skillet, add rest of the oil and when hot, add the chopped onions. Saute till translucent.
Add the chopped mushrooms and stir to combine. Cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes. Now add the ground coconut masala paste and mix well. Add salt and cook covered for 5-8 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked thoroughly. Cook uncovered till all the liquid evaporated.
Serve hot .