**This spinach berry smoothie recipe post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclaimer here.
Edited on 12/15/2020 to make the recipe more streamlined and reader friendly. 🙂
We love this vegan spinach berry smoothie and it is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Some tips for making the vegan spinach berry smoothie
- The portion size - This serves our family of three, well, it is two adults and a kid. Along with this smoothie, I also serve a smaller portion of Indian breakfast or avocado toast, or on an extremely busy morning, a fried egg.
- This is a very adaptable recipe, and you can increase or decrease ingredients to suit your taste. If you use a strong blender, there is no need to chop anything. They directly go into the blender and the blender does the rest. Amp up the nutritional value by adding chia seeds (the powerhouse of nutrition) and use a sweetener of your choice. We at Framed Recipes, do not follow a vegan diet, so there are days when I use honey as sweetener, it all depends on what I have at hand.
- You can portion size the ingredients for this smoothie, and store them in the freezer. In the mornings, just blend 'em all together! Nutritious breakfast ready in minutes, with no hassle.
- Recommended coconut water: If you have read my coconut 101 post, you will know that I am not a big fan of commercially available coconut products (when you have tasted the real deal, everything else falls short). But due to convenience and lack of availability of fresh coconut water, I started using the coconut water available in tetra packs. I have tried many different brands and the closest to “fresh” coconut water that I have found here in the US are the ones from Kirkland Brand and Harvest bay coconut water.
- Sometimes, I throw in a bit of the microgreen (I use them on my avocado toast), also to amp up the nutrition.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN spinach berry smoothie?
- Coconut water
- Frozen berries
- Sweetener of your choice; optional
- Chia seeds (optional)
meal prep ideas for spinach berry smoothie?
You can portion size the fruits, berries, etc., and store them in the freezer until ready to prepare the smoothie. To make the smoothie, just add the liquid ingredients and you have a delicious smoothie fresh.
More Super Fun Breakfast ideas at Framed Recipes
- Avocado Toast - Ready in minutes. Healthy and nutritious.
- Chia Seeds Breakfast Bowl - This is my "rainbow" in a bowl, breakfast! It is like having dessert for breakfast
- Khara Pongal Recipe – a classic South Indian breakfast dish – a hearty porridge style dish to start your day on a healthy note. Gluten-free
- Oatmeal Banana Milkshake - Creamy & delicious Oatmeal Banana Milkshake – all healthy ingredients & whips up in a jiffy. Perfect for breakfast or as an after school drink.
- Uthappam - Start your day on a healthy note with this Uthappam – savory Indian pancake – a perfect blend of carbs, proteins and vegetables.
- 1 tetra pack (330 milliliters) coconut water
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 2 stalk celery
- Generous handful of baby spinach
- Sweetener of your choice; optional
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients together till smooth.
- Serve immediately.
1. You can portion and pre-pack the smoothie ingredients (except coconut water) and save it in the freezer. This makes morning's breakfast time even simpler.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reusable Silicone Bags– Microwave, Freezer & Dishwasher Safe Eco-friendly Silicone Bags for Food Storage (7-Pack) With Silicone Stretch Food Covers (6-Pack) and Reusable Silicone Straws (5-Pack)
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)
Vitamix 5200 Blender Professional-Grade, Self-Cleaning 64 oz Container, Black - 001372
If you tried this recipe, please consider giving us a star rating and feedback. Reviewing, leaving feedback, and star rating a recipe, not only helps me grow as a food blogger but also helps others discover my blog. I L-O-V-E to hear from you! 🙂 Your email address will not be published. Thank you for your support!