An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Learn to make quick and easy apple dates milkshake - delicious and creamy - with a hint of vanilla.
This delicious apple and dates milkshake will be your next go-to recipe! I promise. All natural, no preservatives and freshly made. No artificial sweeteners of any kind are used in the recipe.
The natural sweetness of dates and apples, enhanced by the addition of vanilla and cinnamon. Hmmm seriously delicious!
I am always in search of recipes that are easy to whip up especially to satiate the after-school/3 O' clock hunger pangs. It must be filling enough that you do not reach to junk foods, should be nutritious and healthy. It should be easy to make as well.
This quick and easy apple dates milk shake checks all those requirements.
I like that it is easy to veganize apple dates milk shake. Just substitute the dairy to your favorite vegan milk.
APPLE DATES MILKSHAKE - HEALTH BENEFITS
Apples come in a variety of colors and flavors and extremely nutritious! They are rich in fiber, mineral and vitamins and are extremely beneficial to your health. They are low in sodium, fat and cholesterol making them a heart healthy food. With just about 100 calories per apple, they are an healthy alternative to junk food.
Apples are part of the EWG's dirty dozen - which ranks the fruits and vegetables with the highest concentration of pesticides. I recommend buying organic apples for this reason.
Dates are also rich in minerals and anti-oxidants and act as natural sweeteners in this recipe. I always buy pitted dates from Costco and store in the refrigerator.
- Any kind of sweet apples can be used for the recipe.
- Adjust the quantity of dates to your liking.
- Substitute your favorite nut milk for a vegan version.
- 1 cup = 250ml.
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 apple (approx.150gms); washed, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 5-6 pitted dates; adjust to your taste
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- a few ice cubes
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
Blend everything together except for ground cinnamon.
Transfer into serving glass. Garnish with cinnamon.
1. If dates are dry and hard, soak them in warm milk for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
2. Using ice cubes help blend the apple pieces well into the milk.
3. To make it more indulgent, serve with a ice-cream scoop on top.