Delicious Pasta with asparagus. Must have recipe for times when you have to get dinner ready in no time. Ways to perk it up at the end of the post. This recipe for pasta with asparagus boasts of fresh flavors. Use the best quality ingredients to get amazing results.
Hard pressed for time with all the things going on in life?
Been there done that. There are time when all you have is about 20-30 minutes to get meal ready on that dinner table.
I am always on the lookout for easy and simple recipes to prepare.
Pasta recipes are blessing on such days. This recipe is no different, get ready in 20 minutes tops.
You can play around with different pasta shapes, try different flavors, and of course add a protein of your choice.
And make it an wholesome meal.
I came across this pasta recipe at Taste of Home and fell in love with it.
Basic ideas was like the pasta with broccoli that I make for Sonshine.
That garlicky pasta with broccoli is a kid-friendly dish, mild in spice and lotsa flavor.
This recipe for pasta with asparagus has lot more ingredients and lots more flavor to it.
The original recipe recommends mostaccioli or elbow macaroni as the pasta. Mostaccioli looks like penne pasta but without the ridges.
Shape of the pasta plays an important role with respect to the outcome of the dish. That being said, I have tried it with different shaped pasta like gemmelli, penne and casarecce.
We love it any which way.
You can also use this as lunch the next day. Reheat in a microwave. Well, the asparagus might turn a tad bit mushy when you do so. Just saying!
Thinner asparagus spears are tender and fresher in flavor. But if you can find only thicker ones, do not worry. They are also very delicious. Make sure you trim the hard ends of asparagus spears (about an inch or inch and half from the bottom.).
Pasta With Asparagus Recipe Notes
- You can mix any other vegetable like fresh peas in the recipe.
- Try adding a little pesto to make it even more flavorful.
- Skip butter if you prefer that way.
- Use good quality olive oil. That makes all the difference.
- It is easy to veganize the recipe - skip butter and use vegan parm. Yep! that easy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- For us, this recipe serves two adult and one kid.
- You can also use gluten-free pasta if that fits your dietary needs. And also there are many different types of pasta available which you can experiment this recipe with.
Pasta With Asparagus Recipe
Pasta With Asparagus
- 1 lb around 450 gramsfresh asparagus spears (trim the bottom if not tender; cut into 1 inch pieces.)
- ½ lb about 225 gramspasta
- 5-6 garlic cloves; thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes;adjust to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter optional
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- zest of a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan chees
- fresh basil
- chopped parsley leaves optional
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. While the pasta is cooking, lets prepare asparagus.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat add oil (and butter if using and let it just melt). Once the oil just starts to get heated up, add the thinly sliced garlic and saute for a 3-4 minutes. Add red chilli flakes and give a quick stir.
- Add the asparagus, salt and pepper and fry until the asparagus is crisp tender (about 8 minutes). Stir occasionally to cook evenly. Add basil and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and mix to coat.
- Serve immediately garnished with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Enjoy this recipe for pasta with asparagus. And send me your feedback. We L-O-V-E to hear from you.
Stay with us while we bring you more recipes.
If you tried this recipe, please consider giving us a star rating and feedback. Reviewing, leaving feedback, and star rating a recipe, not only helps me grow as a food blogger but also helps others discover my blog. I L-O-V-E to hear from you! :) Your email address will not be published. Thank you for your support! When leaving a comment on framedrecipes, you will be asked to enter your name and email address. This is to help prevent spam comments. Your name will be displayed with the comment, but your email address will not. If you prefer not to display your real name, using a nickname or pseudonyms is perfectly OK. You will also see an option to save your information for future comments – this function uses a cookie to store the information on your browser.