Try this delicious, creamy, and healthy overnight oats with turmeric milk recipe for your breakfast! I am pretty sure you will make this very often. This recipe for overnight night oats combines the technique of soaking old-fashioned oats or rolled oats with turmeric milk resulting in a beautiful golden delight.
Typically overnight oats recipes are no-cook recipes, meaning no heat is involved. This recipe varies slightly since you need to use heat to make turmeric milk. But the turmeric milk recipe is a pretty straightforward one and comes together in about 10 minutes tops.
If you are looking for a no-cook breakfast recipe, try this chia seeds breakfast bowl - it is like having dessert for breakfast! There is a reason Avocado toast is a favorite among many. It is easy to prepare, and of course easily customizable. I have three ways to perk it up!
PREP TIME:5 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 5 MINUTES
ADDITIONAL TIME(UNATTENDED): 6-8 HOURS
Ingredients & Instructions
- Turmeric powder
- Cardamom powder
- Freshly crushed black pepper
- Old fashioned oats use gluten-free if required
- Chia seeds
- Chopped/sliced almonds
Prepare Turmeric Milk. Allow it to cool.
Add oats and chia seeds to a bowl. Add the turmeric milk. Mix everything using a fork. Cover & refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
Just before serving, drizzle a little milk and mix if the consistency is thick for your taste. Top with chopped or sliced almonds and serve.
Read the label to make sure that the ingredients you are using adhere to your specific diet.
Benefits Of Overnight Oats
Apart from being super to prepare, easily customizable, and delicious to eat, overnight oats also have some additional benefits.
- Increase digestibility because the overnight soaking breaks down the phytic acid.
- Oats have good fiber content.
- Cool starchy food is believed to have more resistant starch that helps with digestion, weight loss, increased feeling of fullness.
Toppings To Try
- Top with slices of your favorite fruit/berries
- Sliced or chopped dates
- Raisins/any other dried fruits like apricots, figs etc.
- Granola (use gluten-free if required)
- Toasted coconut flakes
CAN YOU SERVE IT WARM?/CAN YOU HEAT OVERNIGHT OATS?
We like our overnight oats cold. If you do not like to eat cold foods for breakfast, you can warm up the overnight oats in the microwave for about 30 seconds and serve warm.
How To Make A Vegan Version?
Use dairy-free milk and use your favorite sweetener instead of honey.
Tips To Adjust The Consistency
If you like thicker overnight oats with turmeric milk, here are a few ideas for you:
- Increase the quantity of of oats used in the recipe (use additional 1-2 tablespoon per serving)
- Increase the quantity of the chia seeds in the recipe ( use additional ¼-½ tablespoon per serving)
- Reduce the quantity of the turmeric milk used ( reduce it by a 1-2 tablespoons. You can reserve this to adjust the consistency before serving)
If you like a slightly runnier texture for your overnight oats, here is what you can do:
- Reduce the quantity of of oats used in the recipe (reduce 1-2 tablespoon per serving)
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of plain milk before serving. Mix everything well.
Keep in mind that it is easier to thin down the overnight oats before serving than the other way around. So if you are not sure of how you like it, follow the recipe exactly and thin it down before serving.
Make Ahead Ideas
The recipe for Overnight oats is pretty simple - mix everything and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight. When you wake up the next morning, oats would have absorbed the liquid, turned creamy and soft. There, right there, is the scrumptious, healthy breakfast for you!
It hardly takes 10 minutes to prepare the turmeric milk and mix everything. But if you are really hard-pressed for time, the following tips may help you.
- Make turmeric milk ahead of time and refreigerate until ready to use.
- Portion size oats and chia seeds and just mix with turmeric milk as needed.
- If you are looking for a grab-and-go style overnight oats, prepare it in a mason jar.
- Make a big batch at once and use as required. But consume within 4-5 days. Refrigerate leftovers. Keep in mind that the oats will soften up more as they sit in the refrigerator. Add the toppings just before serving.
What Oats Are Best For Overnight Oats?
Use old-fashioned or rolled oats for the best results. These will soften up while steeping in the milk, but will not turn mushy. They will be soft, creamy, and fresh.
You may end up with mushy textured overnights oats if using quick-cooking oats in the recipe. On the other hand, you may find steel-cut oats to be slightly hard/firm to be used in the recipe.
Overnight Oats With Turmeric Milk
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
- cooking spoons
- Sauce Pan
TURMERIC MILK/HALDI DOODH
- ¾ cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom powder
- a pinch of freshly crushed black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cups old fashioned oats use gluten-free if required
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- ½-1 tablespoon milk as needed; optional
- chopped/sliced almonds optional
PREPARE TURMERIC MILK
- Click here for the Turmeric Milk recipe. using the following ingredients.¾ cups milk, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ⅛ teaspoon cardamom powder, a pinch of freshly crushed black pepper, 1 tablespoon honey
- Add old-fashioned oats and chia seeds to a serving bowl.
- Add prepared turmeric milk and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Just before serving, add 1-2 tablespoon milk to adjust the consistency if desired. Mix everything well.
- Serve garnished with chopped almonds.
- Click here for the Turmeric Milk recipe.
- 1 CUP = 250 ML. (US cups are typically 240 ml. You can use US cups with no significant change to the dish).
1 TEASPOON = 5ML; 1 TABLESPOON= 15 ML
- The recipe can be doubled. Prepare the oats in two separate bowls for the ease of serving.
If you tried this recipe, please consider giving us a star rating and feedback. Reviewing, leaving feedback, and star rating a recipe, not only helps me grow as a food blogger but also helps others discover my blog. I L-O-V-E to hear from you! :) Your email address will not be published. Thank you for your support! When leaving a comment on framedrecipes, you will be asked to enter your name and email address. This is to help prevent spam comments. Your name will be displayed with the comment, but your email address will not. If you prefer not to display your real name, using a nickname or pseudonyms is perfectly OK. You will also see an option to save your information for future comments – this function uses a cookie to store the information on your browser.