Weekly meal plan number 2 and a printable meal plan with a customizable grocery list
Weekly Meal Plan - Number 2
Here is a simple meal plan for you. This is a flexible meal plan to act as a guide to help you plan your dinner for the week. Includes 7 (6 meal recipes + 1 dessert recipe) recipes from the blog, mainly vegetarian, but one is a fish recipe. You do not have to stick to these days, feel free to change them according to your schedule. You will find some useful pintables at the end.
Click on the recipe title for the individual recipes.
- Weekly Meal Plan - Number 2
- Monday - beetroot aviyal with rice
- Tuesday -kashmiri gaadh with rice
- Wednesday - cauliflower steak
- Thursday - bisi bele bath
- Friday - eat out
- saturday -wild rice with garbanzo beans
- sunday - pasta with indian spices
- dessert - rose and saffron panna cotta with berry compote
- what next? 🙂
- printable meal plan
- printable meal plan with a customizable shopping list
One of our favorites from the Kerala Cuisine. I will also serve some papad along with rice.
A simple fish recipe from the Kashmiri Cuisine. It is easy enough to prepare on a weeknight. Remember to thaw fish if you are using frozen fish.
If you have pre made blackened spice at hand and quick cooking polenta, this one comes together pretty quickly. Using store bought roasted red pepper also simplifies the cooking. Lots of possibilities. You can even do some parts of the entire dish if time is of a concern.
This is seriously yummy! One pot meal - carbs, proteins, vegetables and a good amount of ghee - delicious in every spoonful. Serve with simple raitha (Indian yogurt dip), boondi (deep fried chickpeas flour balls - these are readily available online or at your local Indian grocer) for a complete meal. You can either prepare the spice mix (as given in the recipe well in advance) or buy online or at your local Indian grocer.
Friday - eat out
One day of the week, I close the Kitchen and we either go to a restaurant or buy take-out.
Prepare the wild rice from scratch or use microwaveable quick-cooking rice for ease. Cook garbanzo beans or use canned ones. Use your favorite vegetables - this recipe is highly adaptable and is popular on Pinterest.
Try this pasta with Indian flavors - lip-smacking good! You can serve some steamed vegetables on the side. Like eggs? Serve some fried eggs along with the pasta. Want to keep it vegan? Air fry some tofu to go with the pasta.
Rose and Saffron Panna Cotta with Berry Compote - An Indian twist to the delicate, silky, indulgent Italian custard. If you are looking for a grandiose dessert (that is uber easy to prepare) with a beautiful fruity-floral flavor profile, then this is it. It is a rich, creamy and indulgent dessert - just the right kind you want to have on special days.
what next? 🙂
- Click on each of the recipe titles to take you to the individual recipes.
- Make notes (prep work, make-ahead tips etc.) in your personal menu.
- Print the menu and/menu with the shopping list from the links below.
- Take stock of your pantry and fridge.
- Make a list of things to buy for the week.
- Plan a day to do the grocery shopping.
- Check to see if you need to do any prep work ahead of time.
- Prepare the meal 🙂
Click on the links below to download the meal plan and/or meal with customizable shopping list