Edited on 07/21/2021 to make it reader-friendly.
These are addictive - Oh, the allure of almonds, sugar, and cinnamon. These cinnamon spice almonds make a beautiful edible gift as well.
Cinnamon Spiced Almonds
- 1 cup about 200 grams almonds
- ½ cup about 100 grams sugar
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar or any bigger granules (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt optional
- In a thick bottomed pan, roast the almonds for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and keep it aside till ready to use.
- In a small bowl, mix together the turbinado sugar and a pinch of sea salt.
- To the same pan, add sugar, ground cinnamon, coconut oil and ¼ cup water. Bring this mixture to a boil on medium heat and let it simmer till the soft ball stage (Candy thermometer reads 238 degree Fahrenheit. See the blog post or recipe notes for more details). This would take about 10-12 minutes.
- To the sugar syrup at the soft ball stage, add the roasted almonds and mix well to coat.
- Keep stirring to roast the almonds till the water evaporates and the almonds start to lose the sheen.
- At this stage, if you are adding the turbinado sugar-salt mix, add it and mix again to coat all the almonds. Fry for another 2-3 minutes to ensure all the water has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a plate or parchment paper. Break large clusters, if any. Transfer to an airtight container once completely cooled. This can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Do you have a special recipe that you would like to be featured on Framed Recipes? We would love to hear from you. Get in touch with us with your recipe.
Never miss a recipe – subscribe to receive new posts via email. We promise not to spam you!