These Cinnamon buns are made from scratch and devoid of any preservatives. They are so easy to make without any complicated steps, even a novice baker can get it right. The aroma that fills your house when they bake - heavenly. These incredible sweet and robust cinnamon buns are ideal for your holiday brunch.
'Tis the season!
The season of giving, the season of lights, the season of celebration, the season of friends & families, the season of get-togethers, the season of gifts and all things merry.
It is not easy to escape the gala!
And why would you?
It is such a merry time of the year!
We at Framed Recipes got into some holiday baking mood and baked some delicious goodies for us to have and it is my privilege to bring you the recipes.
If you are a cinnamon bun/cinnamon rolls fan, do try this recipe. We like these made-from-scratch cinnamon buns more than the commercially available ones. These are perfectly sweet, perfectly cinnamon-y and they are just perfect for your lazy, fun, holiday brunches.
I always wanted to make my own cinnamon rolls, since I liked the rolls. But I never cared for the overly sweet store-bought cinnamon rolls. And do not get me started on the tons of preservatives!
So, I decided to give my trusted bread recipe dough a make-over and make them into these delicious cinnamon rolls.
Notes about Cinnamon Bun recipe
- These are pretty easy to make, even if you do not have extensive bread making skills.
- Adjust the quantity of the cinnamon, to suit your taste.
- Takes about 50-60 minutes in total, to make these delicious cinnamon rolls/cinnamon buns.
- You can bake them on a baking tray, but i find it easier to separate, if you bake them in a muffin pan.
- These are BEST when fresh and will harden slightly the next day.
- I added some raisins along with the cinnamon sugar, skip it if you do not like raisins. But we loved them.
- Sometimes, I do not even proof the active dry yeast. As long as I know it is fresh, I use it directly while mixing the dough. But you can always proof it before using it in the recipe.
- Now, Sonshine wants me to work on some apple cinnamon rolls, so they are on my to-do-list 🙂 .
Cinnamon Bun Recipe
Cinnamon Bun Dough
- 3.5 cups approximately 435 g all purpose flour/maida
- 1 package 2.25 tsp active dry yeast
- 1.5 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp water at 120-130 degree Fahrenheit
Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- ¾-1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup raisins optional
- 1.5 -2 teaspoon cinnamon powder/ground cinnamon adjust to your preference
- Mix (approximately) half of the flour, 1.5 tablespoon sugar, yeast and salt.
- Add the olive oil.
- Make a small well in the flour mix and add water. Mix well. The dough will be very sticky.
- Add the rest of the flour, a little at a time and make a soft dough .
- Knead this dough for about 8-10 minutes over a flat surface. Brush with oil and place in a well greased bowl. Cover the bowl with cling film. Let the dough rest in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sugar, ground cinnamon, raisins.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan and lightly dust a flat surface wth flour.
- Punch the dough down and release all the air trapped inside.
- Lay on the flat surface (lightly dusted with flour) and roll into a rectangle of approximately 12.5"X9" in size. Optionally, you can trim the edges of the rectangle to make it look neat.
- Brush the melted butter liberally over the rectangle.
- Sprinkle the sugar-cinnamon-raisin mixture evenly. You can even gently press down to make the sugar mix stick to the dough.
- Roll the dough tightly into a log, rolling on the longer side of the rectangle. Pinch the edge to seal the dough.
- Using a sharp serrated knife or an unflavored dental floss, cut the roll into 1" pieces. You should get 12 buns/rolls in total.
- Place the rolls in the muffin tin.
- Let the cinnamon rolls rise again for another 30 minutes.
- Place the baking rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit (190 degree Celsius).
- Bake at 375 degree Fahrenheit (190 degree Celsius) for 20 minutes or till the rolls get golden brown color.
- Serve warm.
Never miss a recipe, subscribe to our posts. Delicious recipes emailed straight to you as soon as we publish them on the blog.
Have a blessed holiday season.
Till we meet again…