Black Beans Wild Rice Salad is an almost-no-cook recipe for a warm/cold salad that you can prepare in a jiffy. Perfect for those days when you don't have time to cook elaborate meals but need all the nutrition you can get. You can easily customize it to suit your taste. Vegan plus gluten free. A healthy wild rice salad.
Every other Thursday, I volunteer at Sonshine's school from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Guess what? It is too early for lunch before I go and a little too late by the time I come back home.
And trust me, I am so ravenously hungry by the time I reach home. And like the saying in my house goes, "When Ma gets hungry, Ma gets angry". So for the sake of my family members, I should not be hungry 🙂 .
I need something quick and nutritious to keep me from reaching over to some junk food.
Introducing the almost-no-cook black bean wild rice salad.
(This black bean wild rice salad has served me well for all every other Thursdays during the last school year)
If you remember the wild rice and black garbanzo bowl I posted a few days earlier, this black bean wild rice salad is a simple variation of that recipe.
I consider wild rice and black garbanzo bowl recipe to be a simple one to put together very easily and quickly.
But this one, this one is even simpler.
Trust me. This wild rice salad comes together in less than 10 minutes. Just toss everything in a big bowl and you are all set to have a delicious healthy wild rice salad.
This is a vegan, gluten free recipe, loaded with protein, vegetables and lotsa flavor. At the same time can be easily customized.
Add more bell peppers, toss in some spinach, some (dried) cranberries and some nuts (of your choice).
You can also add any other protein that you want. And if you are trying to avoid rice, try this with some quinoa. YUM!
See I told ya. It is versatile. Play with the ingredients. Make it yours.
Black beans Wild Rice Salad Recipe Notes
This is how I make it most of the days.
- I rinse and drain the black beans. (Sometimes way ahead of time.)
- I use a store bought ready-in-90-seconds (Microwaveable) Uncle Bens wild and brown rice.
- While the rice is getting ready in the microwave, chop the vegetables and make the salad dressing.
- Toss it all in a big bowl and TA-DA! Ready in less than 10 minutes. Seriously!
- Start digging in!
- If you do not want to use microwaveable rice, you can cook the rice ahead of time and reheat it.
- This quantity usually serves two adult appetites with a wee bit of leftovers.
Black beans Wild Rice Salad Recipe
- 1.5 - 2 cups cooked wild rice/brown rice/Quinoa
- 1 can black beans; rinsed and drained
- ½ big red bell pepper; diced small
- ½ cup diced (small) red onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoon lemon juice; adjust to suit your taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes; adjust to suit your taste
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients for salad dressing in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss everything together so that the dressing coasts everything evenly.
- Serve immediately.
1. Almost no-cook because I use the microwavable rice.
2. You can add any other protein of your choice.
3. Add more bell peppers, toss in some spinach, some (dried) cranberries and some nuts (of your choice).
Enjoy this delicious salad recipe. meanwhile check out what we blogged about in the past.
From framed Recipes Archives
Both these are super easy recipes. Do check them out.
June 2016 : Spinach Berry Smoothie
June 2015: Sauteed Mushrooms with Fennel Seeds
Stay with us while we bring you more quick and easy recipes.
Like what you see? Subscribe NOW and never miss a post – subscribe to receive new posts via email. We won’t spam you and that is a promise.
Till we meet again…