Avocado toast- because eating healthy should be easy.
Good morning peeps! How do you start your day?
I always start my day with good morning hugs, a little "me-time" and my fresh cuppa java followed by a healthy breakfast. I am ready to face the world - Bring it on!
Talking about healthy breakfast, have you tried uh-mazing avocado toast?
I eat an avocado every day. It's amazing for your skin. It's one of the super-foods, and I'm just so into eating properly and healthily. - Joan Collins
In this post, I will share three different you can enjoy this simple, elegant, open faced avocado toast. And though I say it is for breakfast, don't let it stop you from having it for brunch, lunch or dinner.
There was a time in my life when I hated avocado. At that time, if somebody had told me that "you are going to love avocado", I would not have believed them. But now, I love avocado so much that, I am trying to find various ways to include avocado in our diet.
- as baked avocado (the Indian spices make it so flavorful, can be light meal in itself),
- in a dessert (chocolate+avocado+strawberry=magic),
- make vegetable loaded uthappams (Indian vegetable pancake), use it as avocado butter (mm... finger lickin' good) on my toast.
Do you like avocado? Let me know in the comments.
Avocado toast- three different ways to enjoy
There are gazillion ways to make avocado butter and use it as an avocado sandwich spread. I am sharing the three different ways we enjoy the avocado toast -
- just good ol' plain toasted bread with avocado butter,
- spread some spiced black beans on the avocado butter and get your protein fill (I love this spiced black beans, do you remember them from my black beans tostadas recipe?).
- egg lover? Oh yeah! I have something for you.. top the toast with a fried egg, drizzle some hot sauce and voila!
These are just a good way to sneak in some fresh greens.
So, yeah this avocado toast has everything you can think of for healthy, nutritious dish - bread, healthy butter, protein and greens.
And this comes together in a few minutes time. Is there anything better than this?
Check out the recipe, I am sure you are going to agree that this is one of the healthy breakfast ideas.
Try it for breakfast and I am sure you are going to agree that avocado toast is one of the easiest, adaptable, and quickest breakfast that you can prepare.
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 ripe avocado; medium sized
- 2 teaspoon lime juice (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cliantro/coriander leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Black Bean Topping
- 1 15 ounce black beans (canned);drain the liquid
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon oil
- salt to taste
- 4 fried eggs (or over easy eggs )
- Hot Sauce
- Red Chili flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons micro greens (optional)
- Toast the bread slices.
- Wash and slice the avocado length wise. Remove the seed and scoop out the avocado pulp into a bowl. Mix in the lemon juice, and mash the pulp using the back of a fork. Combine finely chopped cilantro, salt and pepper.
Plain Avocado toast
- Spread the avocado butter on the toasted bread, garnish with red chili flakes and micro greens.
- Serve immediately.
Avocado toast with Black Beans topping
- Heat oil in a small saute pan or kadhai and splutter cumin seeds. Add the drained black beans and mix well. Add salt and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Spread the avocado butter on the toasted bread. Spread the desired quantity of black beans on the butter. Garnish with red chili flakes and micro greens.
- Serve immediately.
Avocado toast with egg topping
- Prepare the fried or over easy eggs.
- Spread avocado butter on the toasted bread slices.Place the fried egg on top of the avocado butter.
- Sprinkle some micro greens and drizzle hot sauce.
- Serve Immediately.
1. Use ripe, but firm avocado for best tasting avocado butter.
2. You might not use the entire quantity of black bean topping for this recipe, you can save leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator.
3. Time saving tip: you can prepare the black bean topping ahead of time, reheat it before use.
P.S. There are days when we have breakfast for dinner. And on days when Sonshine's activity goes on till late evening, I prepare something that whips in a few minutes to accommodate for the lack of time to prepare an elaborate dinner. Indian Masala Pasta is a flavorful Indian inspired pasta recipe that I rely on those days. And then there are days when nothing else tastes good than an open avocado toast - On such evenings, instead of bread I use bagels.
Making fresh bread at home is pretty easy. Take a look at this detailed pictorial for cumin bread recipe and inspiration.
P.P.S. Eat healthy. Stay Healthy!
We strive to bring you great recipes every single time. If you like what you see here, do not forget to add a comment. We love to hear from you.
Never miss a recipe – subscribe to receive new posts via email.
Till we meet again,