Avocado toast- because eating healthy should be easy.
In this post, I will share three different you can enjoy this simple, elegant, open-faced avocado toast. And though I say it is for breakfast, don't let it stop you from having it for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
I eat an avocado every day. It's amazing for your skin. It's one of the super-foods, and I'm just so into eating properly and healthily. - Joan Collins
Try it for breakfast and I am sure you are going to agree that avocado toast is one of the easiest, adaptable, and quickest dishes that you can prepare.
how to make simple avocado butter?
Wash and slice the avocado length-wise. Remove the seed and scoop out the avocado pulp into a bowl. Mix in the lemon juice, and mash the pulp using the back of a fork. Combine finely chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper. You can keep it chunky or make it a smooth buttery texture.
Avocado toast- three different ways to enjoy
There are many ways to make avocado butter and use it as an avocado sandwich spread. I am sharing the three different ways we enjoy avocado toast -
- just good ol' plain toasted bread with avocado butter,
- spread some spiced black beans on the avocado butter and get your protein fill (I love these spiced black beans, do you remember them from my black beans tostadas recipe?).
- egg lover? Oh yeah! I have something for you. top the toast with a fried egg, drizzle some hot sauce, and voila!
more ways to add avocado to your diet
- as baked avocado (the Indian spices make it so flavorful, can be a light meal in itself),
- in a dessert (chocolate+avocado+strawberry=magic),
- make vegetable-loaded uthappams (Indian vegetable pancake), use it as avocado butter (mm... finger-lickin' good) on my toast.
- you can add them to your smoothies to a creamy rich smoothies.
Do you like avocado? Let me know in the comments.
- use gluten-free bread
- use pinto beans instead of black beans
- top with delicate microgreens
So, yeah this avocado toast has everything you can think of for healthy, nutritious dish - bread, healthy butter, protein and greens.
And this comes together in a few minute's time. Is there anything better than this?
more recipes for your to enjoy
- Making fresh bread at home is pretty easy. Take a look at this detailed pictorial for cumin bread recipe and inspiration.
- Delicious blueberry oats smoothie. Loaded with berries and oats and milk (use dairy-free milk to make a vegan version). Perfect breakfast for the people-on-go.
- Pumpkin Surnali is a gluten-free, fermented rice pancake sweetened with jaggery and flavored with pumpkin puree. Soft, Spongy, and delicious pancakes for breakfast. Serve lightly salted butter.
- If yeasted waffles sound amazing to you, check this recipe for yeasted oats waffles for an indulgent breakfast/brunch.
- you will love this peach yogurt breakfast bowl.
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 ripe avocado; medium-sized
- 2 teaspoon lime juice adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Black Bean Topping
- 1 15 ounce black beans canned; drain the liquid
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon oil
- salt to taste
- 4 fried eggs
- Hot Sauce
- Red Chili flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons microgreens optional
- Toast the bread slices.
- Wash and slice the avocado length-wise. Remove the seed and scoop out the avocado pulp into a bowl. Mix in the lemon juice, and mash the pulp using the back of a fork. Combine finely chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper.
Simple Avocado toast
- Spread the avocado butter on the toasted bread, garnish with red chili flakes and microgreens.
- Serve immediately.
Avocado Toast With Black Beans topping
- Heat oil in a small saute pan or kadhai and splutter cumin seeds. Add the drained black beans and mix well. Add salt and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Spread the avocado butter on the toasted bread. Spread the desired quantity of black beans on the butter. Garnish with red chili flakes and microgreens.
- Serve immediately.
Avocado Toast With Egg Topping
- Prepare the fried or over-easy eggs.
- Spread avocado butter on the toasted bread slices. Place the fried egg on top of the avocado butter.
- Sprinkle some microgreens and drizzle hot sauce.
- Serve Immediately.