A Chaotic Evening
Last weekend was quite hectic for us. Since my husband works crazy hours these days and we don’t get to see him or talk to him as much as we would love to, I crammed everything that needed his attention into those two days. (This resulted in us being tired and cranky on Monday morning. But I just blamed it (again) on the Monday morning blues). We had so many things to do over the weekend and thanks to my organizational skills (Ahem!), we got most of the things done.
We were in the middle of the photo shoot (basically trials on which would be the best place to shoot food, the lighting techniques etc.) and nothing seemed to work – all of us wanted to take a break. My kitchen was a mess with all those experimental food I was working on.. the dining table was full of husband’s camera accessories and the family room was full of toys and supposedly a project Sonshine was working on. Total chaos.
All three of us were in the mood for a snack. I had bought a big bag of frozen Edamame from Sam’s club in the morning. What better snack than a quick edamame stir fry. It hardly takes 5 minutes to prepare. We all sat down, ate our healthy snack (only after husband took a picture of the stir fried edamame) and enjoyed brainstorming. :). It definitely was a chaotic, but fun evening.
A delicious quick snack rich in protein.
5 minCook Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 packet Edamame frozen (Soybeans in pods)
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1-2 Dried Red Chillies crushed
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook frozen edamame according to the instructions on the package. I microwaved the package for 3 minutes and let it stand for a minute before using it in the stir fry.
- Heat oil in pan, add garlic and saute for a minute. Add the crushed red chilli flakes and saute for few seconds.
- Add the cooked edamame into this and sprinkle salt. Give everything a quick stir and your stir fry is ready. Eat as snack or with rice.