A tasty twist to the regular brussel sprouts. A simple preparation that results in flavorful, juiciest and tenderest oven roasted brussel sprouts. Delicious Brussel sprouts recipe. Vegan and Gluten-free. Indian spin on the oven roasted Brussel Sprouts. Garam Masala Brussel Sprouts.
So glad you are here today!
This is a super easy recipe for oven roasted brussel sprouts, a recipe so easy that you can prepare this even blind folded. Okay may be not blind folded, but without the recipe card.
It is a very basic recipe that takes an Indian spin on a classic “roasted brussel sprouts”.
And all you do is cut the brussel sprouts in half. :).
I can actually sum up the recipe in one sentence –
toss the brussel sprouts with the spices and roast them in the oven.
and that is it……
You are done.
You are ready with that perfectly tender, juiciest and flavorful brussel sprouts ever.
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
A few things that I would recommend:
- Use the spices according to your taste.
- You will find Garam masala either online or in Indian grocery stores.
- While mixing the ingredients, make sure every brussel sprout is well coated with spice mixture. I would recommend mixing it by hand. Wash hands immediately after mixing to prevent turmeric stains on your hand.
- I know some people really like BOLD flavors – and not just flavors. They like the heat from pepper. If you are in this group, try adding some Cayenne pepper or any Indian red chilli pepper.
- Tastes best straight out of the oven.
- Can be served as a side with rice, roti or any meat.
- These oven roasted brussel sprouts are quite addictive as a snack too.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated, but to reheat, either use the oven or reheat the brussel sprouts on stove top.
- Skip the regular brussel sprouts for this thanksgiving meal and try this Indian version of oven roasted brussel sprouts.
A tasty twist to the regular brussel sprouts. A simple preparation that results in flavorful, juiciest and tenderest oven roasted brussel sprouts.
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 lb (0.4 kg) brussel sprouts
- 1.5 tablespoon oil (plus extra for spraying, if required)
- 2-3 teaspoon garam masala; adjust to taste
- 2 large garlic cloves; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi/ground turmeric/turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit (200 degree Celsius) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Wash, pat dry and cut the brussel sprouts in half lengthwise.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the halved brussel sprouts and rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the brussel sprouts on the tray and roast in the preheated oven, stirring once or twice, till the outside is browned and tender inside, about 30-35 minutes,.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
If you see the brussel sprouts are dry when you stir them, spray (recommended) or brush them with a little oil.
You can add either cayenne pepper or any Indian red chilli powder to suit your taste.
It is the season of thanks . What are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments. I love to hear from you.
It is very easy to stay in touch with Framed Recipes.
Never miss a recipe, subscribe to our posts.
Till we meet again…