Nutella cream cheese french toast happens to be a favorite breakfast for the men in my family. The ooey gooey goodness of Nutella and slight tanginess of cream cheese and eggs – all in one sweet package – how can it not be the best breakfast?
Holy moly delicious!
If you are tired of regular plain ol’ bread for breakfast, try this super easy recipe and I am sure you will love the simplicity of the dish. Yes, it is pretty simple to prepare and the taste is pretty awesome too.
Something truly indulgent.
Sonshine and my husband are super crazy about this French toast and I make it when we have time for a little sit-down, late breakfast-brunch kinda weekend. You know what I mean? You have had a beauty sleep on a weekend and you want to wake up to happy, indulgent breakfast (of course with minimal effort, that goes without saying) that satisfies the sweet tooth as well.
Then, this is it.
This is that kind of breakfast.
Sweet, indulgent and happy.
The only other thing that is better than a spoonful of Nutella.
Serve it with a side of whipped cream and cinnamon!
How about some sugar kissed, snow-flakey-light-powdered-sugar-sprinkled ones?
How about some snow-flakey-light-powdered-sugar-sprinkled-drenched-in-maple-syrup?
Oh my goodness!
And throw in some berries on the side.
This French toast is a highly adaptable recipe, increase or decrease the amount of Nutella or cream cheese according to your taste preference and with those two ingredients, it is almost guaranteed that you cannot go wrong. Just a note, an important note I would say, do not forget to add the the pinch of salt – you will really taste the difference.
This is a pretty easy recipe that you can cook with your kids. If they are young, they can help with mixing and spreading the Nutella mix and you do the heavy weight function of actually using the stove. If they are young adults, you can let them make this on their own, of course, you always being there to guide and support them.
Just because you want to serve a happy, sweet and indulgent breakfast.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 6 slices bread
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon Nutella
- 3 tablespoon Cream cheese
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Oil to grease the skillet.
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon powder
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Fruits of your choice.
- In a small bowl, mix together Nutella, cream cheese and salt.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence till sugar dissolves and eggs are well incorporated.
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of Nutella-cream cheese on each slice of the bread.
- Sandwich the bread slices together and slice into triangles.
- Dip the slices gently in the egg mix to coat both sides.
- Grease the skillet with oil and heat the skillet over medium high heat.
- Place the egg dipped sandwiches on the skillet and cook till golden brown (about 3-4 minutes).
- Flip over and cook the other side. (if your skillet is small, do this in batches)
- Repeat with rest of the sandwiches.
- Serve hot with a choice of Whipped cream, Powdered sugar, Maple Syrup and fruits of your choice.
1. Adjust the taste of the Nutella cream cheese mix according to your taste (by increasing or decreasing the Nutella and Cream cheese proportions).
2. This is a pretty simple and easy recipe, but you can still save time by making the Nutella Cream cheese mix ahead of time.
Never Skip Breakfast – More Breakfast Recipes
Click on the Images to go to the link.
A classic South Indian breakfast (gluten-free) dish – a hearty porridge style dish to start your day on a healthy note.
Start your day on a healthy note with this Uthappam – savory Indian pancake – a perfect blend of carbs, proteins and vegetables. Add avocados to Up the nutrition value.
Chia Seeds Breakfast Bowl.
Rainbow in a bowl – chia seeds topped with seasonal fruits & nuts. It is like having dessert for breakfast, but healthier. Chia seeds breakfast bowl – the perfect, easiest, no-cook to-go breakfast. One of the most popular breakfast recipes on the blog.