Cooking is love made visible
Love is in the air! I love everything about valentine’s day. What is there not to love? It is a day that you celebrate love – it is not just about the romantic, courtly love that you celebrate – celebrate your relationships and all the things that come with the relationship. See how mesmerizing that can be. I am a romantic at heart, and for me, “love is truly in the air”.
I have met many skeptics about Valentine’s day. Why just one day?, they ask. Even if it is one day, if you can make time for your loved ones, pay attention, listen to people around you, you will feel happy. Yes, even if it is just for one day! These skeptics also ask why do you spend money on cards, chocolates and flowers? Oh ! Well, that is something I agree upon. You do not have to show your love by buying expensive stuff (yes, agreed we are living in a want-more-consumerist-society). But the cards, chocolate and the flowers are just the icing on the cake. I promise not to complain if I get these. (Hint Hint). 🙂 .
Valentine’s Day dinner is also considered special. A simple home-cooked meal (may be something different from your regular fare) shows how much thought you have put into making your loved one’s day special. Well, if you are going the home-cooked meal way, then I would suggest you keep the meal simple and pick the simplest recipes.
How about a simple dessert to end the Valentine’s Dinner with style?
I make this Avocado Chocolate Mousse that is loved by my family. Sonshine says that “it is t-o-o-o-o good to be avocado”. 🙂
I picked this recipe just because I had all the ingredients or at least their respective substitutions at hand. I always serve this Avocado Chocolate Mousse with strawberries, which I think, is a match-made-in-heaven.
You can serve the mousse in a bowl, topped with strawberries, chopped nuts and garnished with mint leaves. But I love the idea of making a hollow in a strawberry to pipe the avocado chocolate mousse into. They look so darn cute!
Love somebody unconditionally today and everyday!
Happy Valentine’s Day.
A luxuriously smooth & chocolate-y indulgence that has equal parts of tasty and healthy. This Avocado Chocolate Mousse gets ready in minutes!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 ripe Avocado (large)
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Milk
- a hint of salt (optional)
- Mint Leaves
- 3-4 Pistachios, finely chopped
- Chopping Board and Sharp Knives
- Measuring Cups and spoons
- Melon Baller, small (optional)
- Piping bag and piping tip
- Serving Tray
- Wash and pat dry the avocado. Halve, peel and de-seed the avocado and chop roughly.
- Add the chopped Avocado and the ingredients listed under Avocado Chocolate Mousse (Cocoa Powder, Vanilla Essence, Honey, Milk and salt (if using)) into a blender and blend on high till it gets a smooth and desired mousse consistency. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate till it is ready to serve.
- Just before serving, wash and pat dry the strawberries and mint leaves.
- Cut off the Strawberry stems using a sharp knife and also trim the pointy edge of the strawberries so that they can "stand" on the tray.
- Using a small melon baller or small measuring spoon, gently scoop out the inside of the strawberry to make a small hollow. This step has to be done carefully and gently so that you do not squish the strawberries.
- Arrange the hollowed strawberries on the serving tray.
- Fill the chilled avocado chocolate mousse into piping bag fitted with a tip. Pipe out the mousse into each of the strawberry. Garnish with mint leaves and finely chopped pistachios.
1. This recipe makes about 1 cup of Avocado Chocolate Mousse.
2. You can make this mousse in advance and refrigerate it till ready to use.